PhD in Chemical and Biological Engineering
Chemical & Biological Engineering is a discipline that integrates chemistry and biology at the molecular level and uses this broad foundation along with engineering fundamentals to study the synthesis of new processes and products. Our graduate program in Chemical and Biological Engineering is an interdisciplinary program that combines chemical engineering fundamentals and systems biology to meet the research challenges of the future.
The research areas of interest are:
- Drug Discovery
- Tissue Engineering
- Plant Biotechnology
- Protein-Protein Interactions
- Protein Folding
- Process Dynamics, Control, and Optimization
- Systems Engineering
- Supercritical Fluids
- Synthesis of Nanostructured Materials
- Fuel Cells and Sustainable Development
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Biological Clock
- Interaction Networks and Pathways
- Modeling of metal-organic frameworks for energy applications
- Molecular simulations of crystalline nanoporous membranes for gas separations
- Computational studies of adsorption and diffusion in porous materials
- Supercritical fluids and ionic liquids
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL IBT (minimum 80) exam scores
- General GRE exam scores (minimum 155 on quantitative section)
- Statement of Purpose
All these documents are required and should be uploaded using our online application system.
Please note that GRE and TOEFL requirements can’t be waived for any applicant even if they did their whole previous education in English.
After you submit your online application you may be shortlisted and contacted by the Graduate School to schedule an interview by Skype.
After the interview, if you are offered admission into the program you will also automatically receive a scholarship offer. There are no additional forms.
The scholarships for our PhD (4 years) program include:
- 100% tuition scholarship
- Monthly stipend and free accommodation (on a competitive basis)
- Other benefits (health insurance, office space)